Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time...

So, believe it or not, sometimes I do other things besides atheist related stuff. Especially now that it's Christmas time.

Wait... what? I'm an atheist - I can't celebrate Christmas, right? Wrong. I love this time of year. For some reason, I'm feeling especially Christmas-y this year. I don't know what it is this year but the songs sound better, the holiday smells are more aromatic, the Christmas tree is more magical, the lights are sparklier... even the hubs has caught the Christmas spirit this year (that Grinch's heart has grown 2 times bigger already this year). To clarify, I'm not into the baby Jesus stuff or any of that, but I enjoy the music, the baking, the gift wrapping, the decorating, and spending time with family. To be fair, most of the Christians I know don't really do anything different, other than dragging their ass to church on Christmas Eve. Oh, and make corny references to Jesus being the reason for the season. Wrong bitches - axial tilt is the reason for the season.

One of the things I love (and hate) about this time of year is the music. If it's done well, I'm aces and you'll find me singing and bopping along in no time. However, a lot of it is awful. Awful, awful, awful. Do you know what's not awful (and coincidentally is also one of the best Christmas albums I've heard)?

A Very She & Him Christmas


This album is fan-fucking-tastic. The combination of Zoey's vocals, the ukelele, and M. Ward's guitar = AMAZING. I've listened to this album 4 times in the past 24 hours. I'm sure I will be listening to it many, many, many more times before Christmas. Added bonus - it's a totally secular album. Check it out. Now!

<3 M

No comments:

Post a Comment