Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Home Decor Goal for 2013

I just hosted Christmas with my family yesterday, and it made me realize that my house is very... blah. Let's just say there are a lot of neutrals going on here. Which doesn't reflect my style at all - I love bursts of color, retro style, and artsy things. I've decided that one of my goals for 2013 is to really put some personality into our space and make it a relaxing haven for E and I, rather than just a place to put our stuff.

My biggest inspiration is the decor section of A Beautiful Mess. I am so in love with this blog - everything is so bright and feminine and adorable... seriously, check it out.

Here are 5 ideas I have to E&M-ify our place:


1. Paint furniture for a bright color pop. I have a rocking chair I'm planning on painting either a bright aqua or a mustard yellow.

2. Find a vintage chrome and formica dinette set.

3. Use bright printed fabric for fun curtains.

4. Paint a statement wall.

5. Find a bright vintage couch.

A lot of these will be found thrifting and rummaging - I guess I have something to look for now! 

I'm really excited about this project. I can't wait to make our house into a home.

<3 M



No comments:

Post a Comment