Friday, December 7, 2012

Revamped Vintage Christmas Lights

A fairly productive stay at home day - some Christmas shopping, wrapped 12 presents, picked up my bonus check, paid 2 bills, and I revamped some vintage Christmas bulbs. I had seen this project on Pinterest and I decided to give it a try.

Here's what you'll need for this project:

Mod Podge, an old paint brush, glitter, vintage Christmas lights, and something to dry the bulbs on - I used a paper plate. I also have paper to try to contain the glitter mess. :)

I started out with some old vintage Christmas lights that I had laying around. These belonged to my grandma, and although I didn't want to part with them, I also didn't know what to do with them.


I started out by applying Mod Podge on the bulbs with the old paintbrush.


I then spooned glitter over the Mod Podge. Note: If the bulb is a different color than the glitter, you're going to have to go over some spots twice.


 Then I let the bulbs dry for a little while - this didn't take too long, maybe a half an hour.


I then put them in a jar, tied on a bow and enjoyed the new addition to my holiday decorating!


This picture doesn't do it much justice, but it really is cute in person (I promise)! Overall, this project was super easy, a bit messy, and the finished project actually resembled the finished product in the original tutorial. <3 M


No comments:

Post a Comment