Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's 2013, Bitches!

Happy 2013! The hubs and I had a fantastic night at one of our favorite local restaurants and enjoyed drinks and reminiscing over the past year.

Did you know that 2013 is the first year since 1987 that has 4 different digits? In your head, you're going back through the years now (I did the same thing) - but it's true! Mind blown!

It being the new year, my brain is in super over-achiever mode, and I've been thinking about things I want to get accomplished. Yesterday, I shared my New Years resolutions:


  • I want to cook more. I absolutely love cooking, and I want to branch out and try new things. I also want to cut down on eating out quite a bit.
  • I want to make our house more of a home, rather than just a place where we keep our stuff. This place needs to be E & M-ified - see my post about my home decor ideas here
  • I want to participate in the Sioux Glow 5K event. It's a 5K at night, where everyone decks out in glow in the dark gear!
  • As always, E & I hope to expand our family. However, with our difficulties, this does seem somewhat out of our hands, but we will do everything in our power to make this happen. I'm really hoping that 2013 is the year.
I also started thinking about other goals:
  • I want our secular group to get together and set some first quarter goals for ourselves. I want to keep us looking ahead and moving forward. Personally, as the VP of Philanthropy, I want us to design our own cause or host our own charitable event. 
  • I'd like to take a trip with E - we had such a good time in DC last year, I would like to share new places and experiences with him again.
  • I've done quite a bit of volunteer work over the past year, and I want to continue with that. I feel so much better giving back to those less fortunate and encouraging others to do the same.
Looks like I better get busy... :)

<3 M

No comments:

Post a Comment